Senior Communications Systems & Integration Engineer
The role of the Senior Communications Systems & Integration Engineer is to support the high-level design of the ADF's future Integrated Air and Missile Defence (IAMD) System being procured under AIR65000.
This role will be focused on capturing and defining the ADF's unique system interfaces to ensure a truly integrated solution is developed. This will include both internal systems integration, such as voice and digital communication mediums, along with external ADF integration to civilian and coalition partners. Interfaces overseen will include Tactical Data Links and IP-based communications, and associated data formats and security protocols, as well as the semantic understanding of these with respect to operational information exchange requirements, data flow directionality, and priority.
While primarily focused on AIR6500, this role will also support other capture opportunities related to Tactical Digital Information Link (TADIL) and Joint Command and Control (C2) by establishing a core technical capability in military communications systems within NG Australia. The role will also provide support in hiring and recruiting talent and knowledge sharing on techniques, systems and tools as required.
- Participate in architecture development and detailed design of an IAMD system that can meet the ADF's context and requirements.
- Provide expert advice on the ADF C4ISR environment especially in the area of communication systems.
- Managing integration risks
- Participate in Mission Engineering and Systems Engineering activities, including:
- Architecture modelling
- Model Based Systems Engineering
- Agile Development methodologies.
- Working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Working within an internationally dispersed team
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution in a related discipline (typically Engineering or Computer Science), or equivalent experience/combined education
- Has extensive knowledge of the ADF Communications environment including voice communication networks, Tactical Datalinks, ATC networks, and associated protocols
- Demonstrated experience in the Systems Engineering process (Ref: INCOSE)
- Ability to interact effectively with senior executives, and internal and external customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication Skills, both oral and written
- Eligibility for an Australian Government Security Clearance is mandatory for this role (must be an Australian Citizen) and current Baseline security clearance would be highly advantageous.
- Has extensive knowledge of the RAAF Command & Control (C2) CONOPS, information exchanges, and data types/formats
- Has demonstrated knowledge of ADF C4ISR systems at both the tactical and operational level
- Demonstrated experience in large scale developmental projects
- Knowledge of Australian / US Government and Defence systems
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Susie Stuart on 02 9492 7517.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.