We are working with an established defence organisation with a strong international maritime presence. They are seeking to bring on a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team and provide support to a major Naval platform.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will have had experience across design, maintenance and operation, planning and scheduling, validation of work specification, sub-contractor management and validation of work completion and assessment of Objective Quality Evidence.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Providing written Engineering direction for the rectification of defects and the execution of maintenance requirements.
- Assisting the Management Team with engineering related activities including installation and commissioning phases, maintenance, defects and other tasks deemed critical.
- Providing advice to the Management Team in regard to technical questions.
- Writing technical reports as required in support of engineering investigations into engineering related issues.
- Taking a proactive approach in the development of maintenance related issues requiring detailed engineering investigation.
- Balancing Technical requirements with schedule and cost considerations to ensure pragmatic solutions are obtained.
- Ensuring subcontractors are engaged and managed to comply with all WHSSEQ requirements.
- Proactively implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Developing and adding input to Work Instructions and Engineering Reports as required by the supervisor.
- Leadership responsibility for resolution of issues which require multi-disciplinary action and coordination.
Work Experience & Skills
- Degree in Electrical or related Engineering practice preferred.
- IMO Class 2 Certificate of Competency or equivalent
- 7 years' proven experience working in an engineering and maintenance environment, particularly in commercial ship repair, ideally in Defence, construction, oil and gas/resources or a related industry.
- Extensive knowledge of systems implementation and integration, including planning, scheduling, and resolving dependencies.
- Extensive experience planning, coordinating, and executing complex projects, including all technical, schedule, and budget aspects.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision and manage multiple, concurrent tasks, which have competing priorities.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a combined project team comprising but not limited to technical, planning, quality, projects and customer personnel.
- A high level of numeracy skills, attention to detail and superior analysis ability.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including the ability to prepare written reports, briefings, updates and other documentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be a competent user of Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
As the role will be working within the Australian Defence industry, I am only allowed to consider applications from either current Security clearance holders or Australian citizens (this is a must). The client is looking to interview and hire immediately so please get in touch ASAP.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ON
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.