Are you a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer looking to take the next step in your career? We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join an industry leader working on the design, development and production of cutting-edge Electronic/Mechanical Systems. This role is based in Canberra and will give you the opportunity to not only utilise your proven engineering experience but provide you with the ability to mentor and develop other Mechanical Design Engineers. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of mechanical design in conjunction with software design, electronic design and systems engineering disciplines.
This engineering company will provide you with a professional working environment and the ability to work on incredibly challenging, testing and exciting new engineering projects.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Mechanical Design Engineers
- Undertake mechanical design analyses
- Produce mechanical designs in accordance with requirements
- Develop test procedures and plans
- Configuration of existing equipment and systems
- Provide engineering direction on mechanical systems
- Develop modifications, deviations, ECP and reports
- Engineering design tasks and modifications
- Prepare and review documentation required to support designs
- Good communications experience both written and oral
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in mechanical engineering
- Minimum 7 years' experience in similar role
- Minimum 3 years' experience in supervision
- Excellent knowledge and experience with design
- Experience with optical systems would be advantageous
- Must be experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
- A strong level of problem-solving skills
- Experience working on Defence projects will be highly advantageous
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen to apply
Due to the nature of the project's applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship and be eligible for a security clearance. Applicants are also required to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 08 8432 0492 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.