Who are Frazer-Nash? We are a world leading Systems Engineering consultancy that helps organisations deliver innovative engineering to make lives secure, sustainable and affordable. Our people join us to make an impact on the world and to learn from some of the best minds in the industry. Our people stay with us because they value our highly supportive team environment and the career opportunities provided by our sustained growth. Why Frazer-Nash's Systems Safety and Assurance practice? Our Systems Assurance practice is highly regarded and has a reputation for providing pragmatic, impactful advice that makes a difference. We provide system safety and project assurance support to complex systems across all stages of the project lifecycle. Our differentiator is our strong systems engineering expertise that allows us to focus on what really matters in ensuring a complex System is designed to be safe to operate, maintain and use. Due to the ongoing success of our Melbourne Group we are currently seeking a Senior System Safety Consultant for a Melbourne-based position. You can expect to work on projects of State and National significance such as the Metro Tunnel Project, and other major infrastructure projects.
About the Role:
With 8 - 12 years of experience, you will form a core part of the Frazer-Nash delivery team and will be given significant autonomy to set a project's direction and then the responsibility to deliver. Within the Systems Safety and Assurance practice this means working directly with clients to help develop System Safety Program Plans, undertake detailed safety analyses of engineered systems and developing safety cases for the client. On client projects you will be supported by other Frazer-Nash Senior Consultants and lead a team of more junior engineers. Mentoring of junior engineers is a key aspect of the role.
We are distinguished from our competitors by our cross-sector approach and as a Frazer-Nash engineer you will, over the course of your career, have the opportunity to work in different industry sectors such as Defence, Nuclear and Oil & Gas. Your long-term career with Frazer-Nash will be enabled by our Group Leaders and Technical Managers and can take you into three broad roles: technical expert, people leader, or business developer.
Ideally, candidates for this role will possess postgraduate qualifications in system safety engineering and will have a good understanding of Rail and International System Safety standards, particularly EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129. Functional Safety Certification will be highly regarded. They will have experience in applying their system safety knowledge to complex systems in a consulting environment. Fundamentally they will have a passion for delivering high quality work, on time and on budget.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess an 4-year Bachelor Degree or a 3-year technical degree in engineering and is, or is capable of becoming, a member of Engineers Australia at the grade of Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist
- Possess 8-12 years of experience in system safety engineering
- Is willing to reside in Melbourne and occasionally travel interstate
- Is an Australian citizen and capable of obtaining an Australian Security Clearance to the level of Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1).
Frazer-Nash will facilitate your application for an Australian Security Clearance. Further information on the security clearance process is available at: http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
What's on Offer?
At Frazer-Nash we offer:
- Competitive salary packaging and company profit sharing scheme
- 4 weeks annual leave and the ability to purchase 1 week of additional leave each year
- A mature working environment with flexible start and finish times
- Opportunities to diversify your experience with work across different sectors and potential secondments to Frazer-Nash offices in the United Kingdom
- Support to obtain Chartered Professional Engineer or Chartered Engineering Technologist through Engineers Australia
Join us to help assure the safe and successful delivery of projects, ranging from flagship transformational Rail investments in Australia's capital cities, Defence acquisitions, to influencing the safe disposal of Australia's radiological waste.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Lewis Landau on 03 9982 0307 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.