Our client is a tier one consulting firm within the Defence Industry and is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with experience within the Defence Capability Lifecycle to join their dynamic team in Canberra. This is a critical role within the business that will have a direct input into the outcomes of major Electronic Warfare projects.
This is an amazing opportunity to work on a state-of-the-art electronic warfare project that will have a focus on force integration. You will be responsible for providing advice on all engineering requirements of the capabilities, ensuring that risks and issues are flagged and dealt with.
- Provide leadership, specialist advice and guidance on the delivery of engineering tasks
- Perform the integration and validation of complex system designs
- Design and develop military systems and equipment including testing, integration, installing and managing the systems and equipment
- Derive system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and system requirements reviews
- Foster a working environment that is focused on meeting the requirements of customers, both external and internal
- Liaise with other Defence units and groups to achieve outcomes as needed
- Development of technical scope for engineering activities to be developed by contractors.
Skills & Experience required:
- Tertiary Qualifications in electrical/electronic/communications/systems engineering
- Experience with Electronic Warfare is highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years' experience in integration of Military Systems
- 8 years industry experience
- Proven understanding of the capability lifecycle
- Excellent communications skills
- Meet ITAR compliancy
Applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship and a current Negative Vetting 1 clearance
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 08 8432 0492 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TG
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.