We currently have an opportunity in Canberra for a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in Defence Communications (C4i, C2, Crypto, RF). This is a critical role within the business that will have a direct input into the outcomes of major Land Defence projects.
This is an amazing opportunity to work on state-of-the-art systems in Defence whilst showcasing your engineering expertise. You will be responsible for providing advice on all engineering requirements of the capabilities, ensuring that risks and issues are flagged and dealt with.
- Provide leadership, specialist advice and guidance on the delivery of engineering tasks
- Design and develop military systems and equipment including testing, integration, installing and managing the systems and equipment
- Derive system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and system requirements reviews
- Responsible for design and development activities
- Foster a working environment that is focused on meeting the requirements of customers, both external and internal
- Liaise with each of the respective Functional Managers to ensure that their requirements are incorporated into the design and development activities
- Liaise with other Defence units and groups to achieve outcomes as needed
- Development of technical scope for engineering activities to be developed by contractors.
- Perform the integration and validation of complex system designs
Skills & Experience required:
- Tertiary Qualifications in electrical/electronic/communications/systems engineering
- Experience with Radio, RF, Networks, Satellite Systems, Navigation Systems, Radar, C2, C4i and/or Electronic Warfare.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in analysis, design and development of Military Systems
- 8 years industry experience
- Proven experience working as a communication engineering within a Defence environment
- Knowledge of Defence project life cycle
- Excellent communications skills
- Meet ITAR compliancy
Applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship and a current Negative Vetting 1 clearance
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 0419 630 422 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.