Our client is one of the leading consulting firms in the Defence sector. Seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with significant experience working and leading covering surveillance, electronic warfare and/or communication technology.
- Systems engineering leadership and coordination for the project including development, review and agreement of technical specifications.
- Support the Systems Engineering Lead to lead the Systems Engineering Team ensuring the team maintains currency in Program Technologies, Systems Processes, Tools and compliance requirements.
- Support the development and maintenance of AV&V Plan, IV&V Plan and associated Procedures.
- Management of Engineering Change Proposals.
- Clarification of SOR requirements.
- Liaison with technical stakeholders to determine requirements and collaboratively agree mutually acceptable technical outcomes.
- Support the Verification & Validation program ensuring the CoA satisfies contractual obligations and the Projects Mission and Support System is adequately verified.
- Support system level design assurance, integration and T&E of the Mission Systems and Support systems.
- Provide technical governance of the Engineering Support Contractor
- Provide technical performance and technical risk identification and mitigation
- Ensure the safety and security of system level products and associated activities.
- Support the effective integration of Systems Engineering with other disciplines.
- An engineering degree in a relevant field
- More than 8 years' experience in the development and leadership of Systems Engineering in complex Defence acquisition projects either above or below the line.
- Demonstrated expert understanding of Systems Engineering methods, design and development.
- Demonstrated experience with leading, training and mentoring engineers and technical staff.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with personnel at different levels and disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing Surveillance, Radar or EW systems.
- Ability to negotiate and engage with internal and external stakeholders in a way that achieves project outcomes while maintaining key relationships
- Eligible for or attained an industry Engineering professional body certification.
- Conversant with DOORS Next Generation (DNG), Report Writer and CAMEO System Modeller.
- Knowledge of Australian Government export approval processes.
Applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship and a current Negative Vetting 1 clearance
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Jessica Rosie on 0400 221 065. #LI-Jessica
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs