The Systems Engineer is responsible to the Head of Engineering for system analysis, specification, design, implementation and verification & validation activities, according to the Company's established engineering practices and methodologies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume responsibility for design, development and qualification activities relating to designated products within a Project environment.
- Liaise and support discussions with customer personnel in relation to the product design requirements, performance parameters and qualification.
- Manage the transition of Products from the Engineering Phase to the Production and Support phases.
- Support the Company's existing range of products by the provision of testing, defense investigation and /or upgrade design services.
- Work according to the engineering and quality management processes of the company to ensure effective maintenance of company design documentation and software configuration records.
- Guide and support matters relating to systems engineering across the organisation, including liaison and coordination with the Quality / Configuration management function to ensure effective maintenance of software configuration documentation and records.
- Perform the role of Project Manager and/or Project Engineer for designation Projects.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
- 4+ Years in a Systems Engineering role
- A degree in Electrical / Electronic / Software Engineering
- Sound understanding of the Product Lifecycle as it applies to electronic systems, particularly systems containing both Hardware and Software.
- Experienced in the conduct of system level requirements analysis, design, architecture development, integration and verification and validation.
- Experienced in the generation of Systems Level documentation such as Operational Concept Documentation, System and Subsystem specifications, System and Subsystem design documents and interface specification
- Highly proficient in C/C++ software development
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux and MS Word operating systems
- Background in sonar, radar, avionics or similar
- Eligibility for a Defence Security Clearance, minimum requirement being Australian citizenship
- Current Driver's license.
Safety is first and foremost to both Kinexus and our client, and all aspects of recruitment and onboarding are taken very seriously. Due to the current situation there will be provisions to work remotely with periodic check ins with the client under the strictest safety protocols.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ON
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.