Kinexus currently have an opportunity in Canberra for a NV1 cleared Systems Engineer with strong experience systems engineering requirements, simulation and software development. This is a crucial Land based simulation capability upgrade program to keep our men and women highly trained, ready to serve and protect the Australian nation.
This role is moving forward amidst the current COVID-19 situation. Our forward-thinking clients still need to deliver capability now and in the future, therefore, have modified their hiring, on-boarding and initial working processes to support new people joining their business while keeping current and future employees safe
- Develop Capability Life Cycle (CLC) documents including: Requirements setting, the Operational Concept Document and Needs and Concept Statements from User Requirements to lead to contracted solutions
- Develop and maintain a governance framework and processes
- Provide simulation system analysis, support and advice to customer and their joint programs to achieve a connected simulation approach across all capabilities
- Support the integration of the generic simulation architecture
- Advise on the conduct of Test and Evaluation and the development of Test and Evaluation documentation
- Develop training solutions which meet capability requirements utilising simulation and technology interfaced with live training systems
- Support the development of business plans and supporting documentation to develop and acquire training capability
- Provide technical advice on simulation systems, technology enabled learning and associated enablers such as networks, software, hardware and other ICT
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary Qualifications in Systems Engineering or related field
- Minimum 8 years' experience in Defence engineering requirements analysis, design, development and integration
- Engineering experience in simulation and simulation architecture
- Engineering knowledge within a Defence organisation, specifically the Land Domain
- Experience in developing documentation in the Concepts and Requirements phases of the CLC
- Proven engineering experience working in a Defence environment
- Prior experience in software oversight and development is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must hold a current Defence security clearance of NV1 or higher
Please submit your resume and cover letter in WORD format
Kinexus is Australia's leading supplier of recruitment solutions to the Defence sector. As a partner with some of the largest Defence projects, we have been actively engaging and working with in the Australian Defence Industry for over 19 years.
We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Adrian Broadhead on 02 9492 7519 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AB
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.