Fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer to join a team captivated within defence to help deliver cutting edge capabilities to Defence through a variety of different programmes and projects.
The Software Developer is required to develop and integrate software employing an Agile Software Development Methodology (SDM). The role includes developing software, integrating Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) and Government Off the Shelf (GOTS) software, documenting technical processes and assisting with testing and deployment. The successful candidate/s will need software development skills and a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical/non-technical personnel.
SFIA Level of Responsibility Required Description Below The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 3 (LOR 3)
- Enhance and support automation capability for new and existing systems by developing and integrating software employing an Agile Software Development Methodology and by integrating Commercial Off the Shelf and Government Off the Shelf software.
- Monitor systems and infrastructure; provide assistance with support requests by fixing and troubleshooting issues.
- Implement and maintain automated testing. Provide feedback on implementation and design aspects as required from other areas.
- Database design and implementation for operational systems.
- Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures and produce documentation in accordance with ASD policies and procedures.
- Work as a member of an integrated Agile team comprising technical and non-technical personnel. Effectively prioritise, allocate tasks, participate in and contribute to design reviews, stakeholder meetings and agile processes.
Other Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience with Puppet and Ansible automation tools.
- Strong commitment to software engineering processes and a proven ability to develop robust and maintainable software.
- A proven ability to document technical processes.
Kinexus are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Anthony Moore on 02 9492 7508 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AM
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.