Working within the Cyber Technical Program within ACSC, the Software Developer will be responsible for building technology solutions and software-based capabilities according to requirements specifications.
Software Developer will be accountable for interpreting specifications and technical designs to build, maintain and modify code for software applications to ensure the capabilities meet the specifications.
The Software Developer must have at least 5 years of demonstrated experience building software capabilities for enterprise technology systems and be proficient in Java and/or Python.
Experience with Streamsets Data Collector, Splunk and Apache Airflow would be highly regarded.
Candidates with experience working in the national security or law enforcement space are desirable.
Length of contract 12 months
Contract extensions 12 months - subject to being found suitable in the mandatory Organisational Suitability Assessment.
Security clearance Must have current negative vetting level 2 clearance
- Design, build, integrate, deliver and document software capability that meets business requirements
- Support, maintain and enhance existing software capability ensuring application availability
- Ensure quality and security of software capability through appropriate testing and review
- Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures
- Escalate issues and seek advice from team leader or project manager in a timely manner
- Engage with business and product owners to clarify and fully develop user requirements using agile development methods
- Experience in complex ICT projects is desirable.
- Display excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated competence in developing enterprise software capabilities.
- Demonstrated competence with Python and/or similar experience with other scripting languages.
- Experienced in developing and deploying software within a Linux (RHEL and Ubuntu) environment.
- Experience in the use of automation and deployment tools is desirable.
- Strong administrative and time management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise and allocate tasks.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Anthony Moore on 02 9492 7508 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.