What You Will Be Doing
On any given day you would be working in a team towards achieving the client's desired outcomes, potentially you could be across multiple projects including Defence and commercial communications projects. Work typically involves critical and creative thinking and executing a mixture of cutting edge technologies and techniques to produce innovative programming and software solutions. You will need to produce clean code that you can read, test and maintain. As a member of the team you'll be making important design decisions, sharing knowledge with your colleagues to help the team grow as a whole, and be actively learning in order to expand your own skill-set and programming abilities.
The Successful Candidate Will Need:
- 4+ years experience as a Software Developer
- Strong programming skills in Java or comparable languages
- Experience with Angular, React, or similar web frameworks
- Experience working with large code bases
- Experience working in a collaborative development team environment with developers at a variety of levels
- A willingness to learn, be challenged and expand your capabilities and also pass on your knowledge to more junior developers
- To be someone who is self-motivated and takes initiative
- This role requires an Australia Government Security Clearance, meaning that only applicants who are Australian Citizens will be considered. Permanent residency does not meet this criteria. If you don't already have a clearance, you will sponsored by the company to apply for one.
These things will make you stand out:
- An Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Understanding of and experience implementing Design patterns
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL (e.g.Postgres)
- Experience working with an Agile development process
- Experience with Angular JS, JQuery, Typescript, Less CSS
- Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems (e.g. Git)
- Experience with or understanding of the principles behind Test Driven Development
- Experience dealing with TCP/UDP/sockets
The successful candidate must be willing to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
Kinexus, formally Kinetic Recruitment, are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects.
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Susie Stuart on 02 9492 7517.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.