About the role
My Client is seeking a Senior C++ Software Engineer to integrate into a quickly growing, agile software development team, specialising in modelling the effectiveness of aircraft sensors and effectors.
We are looking for someone who can lead and manage a team of software engineers and has a background working in simulated environments.
Innovative thinkers who can construct realistic scenarios to test the limits of 5th generation aircraft and other highly sophisticated platforms with pre-defined threats will be in their element in this role.
If you have been looking for that change in pace or desire a new challenge, this is the role for you.
You will have the chance to collaborate with other specialists such as Electronic Warfare, Communications and Weaponeering experts to ensure the scenarios are both as realistic as possible and challenging to the platform.
Our client specialises in supplying the Defence Sector with sophisticated engineering solutions, and this position will enable the successful applicant to have insight to a number of tightly coupled Defence related projects.
- Support the team in scenario development
- characterise the modelling of threat systems and weapons
- Develop software in a real-time environment
- Perform staff assessment and reviews
- Client liaison and facing
Skills and Experience needed
- Bachelor degree in software/computer systems engineering, computer science, information technology, or related fields;
- Experience leading a team using agile methodologies;
- Drive to lead a software development process;
- Experience developing applications / API's using modern C++ for Windows environments in a defence environment is highly desirable;
- Experience with distributed communications architectures;
- Desire to mentor and lead a team of junior engineers;
- Interpersonal and intercommunication skills are a must;
- Prior experience in V&V; and
- Must be an Australian Citizen, a defence security clearance of NV1 will be required
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Callum Andrew on 0402 759 468 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs