ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced System Engineer with a background in Sonar and Combat Systems who is ready to make a move to Adelaide. This is your opportunity to be a part of a major Australian Defence project and help keep Australian waters secure.
Be a contributor on all levels of the system from concept, design, fabrication, test and installation through to operation, maintenance.
- Provide relevant and technical support in the development stage
- Assist and support in the operational analysis during the design stage
- Contribute to the design, certification and implementation of engineering process
- Provide a high level of advice and guidance to a range of stakeholders across the company with respect to Systems Engineering activities
- Perform requirements engineering activities including verification & validation and risks analysis
- Perform requirements as well as functional analysis on the Sonar systems
- Support trade studies and the development of product level specifications and architectural models
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Engineering qualifications (4-year degree); systems engineering, electronics engineering or similar
- Significant experience across the systems engineering lifecycle, methods, tools and techniques
- Strong proven capability using DOORS, Model Based Systems Development (MBSD), UML and or SysML
- Previous experience working in Sonar, RF Communications, Electronic Warfare, Navigation and / or Combat Systems
- Sound understanding of Systems Engineering Lifecycle
- Experience with the Windchill Configuration Management Tool
- Experience working on large scale Military systems including the design, development, integration and testing stages
- Australian Citizen (essential)
- Must hold, as a minimum, an AGSVA Negative Vetting Level 1 Security clearance.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Kelly Foxwell on 0400 221 065. #LI-Kelly
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs