This position is for a Senior SQL Server Database Administrator. As such, you will be working as a member of a dynamic team responsible for the administration of the department's on premises and public cloud SQL databases.
You will be expected to assist the team to:
- Develop, implement and review database related infrastructure, processes and procedures.
- Provide technical support and advice to application developers in relation to the database environment.
- Perform problem analysis and rectification in response to system outages and issues.
- Performance monitoring and provide necessary assistance to Developers to solve performance issues
- Database admin, performance monitoring in Cloud environment (AWS, Azure)
- Lead motivate and mentor junior staff.
Estimated start date 16-07-2020
Location of work Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract 9 Months
Contract extensions 9 Months
Security clearance Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
- Demonstrated extensive experience and a high technical skill level as a Database Administrator of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate with business and technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and solving SQL Server service incidents and outages.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing performance issues to determine cause and proposing and implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Public cloud PaaS SQL offerings and Data analytics /data Science related services is desirable.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Anthony Moore on 02 9492 7508 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AM
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.