ACSC has a requirement for a Storage and Backup Engineer to deliver a range of technical capabilities to the Australian Cyber Security Centre in a key capability domain.
You will need to be highly motivated and have a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical and non-technical personnel. This role will support projects and BAU.
You will be adept at complex problem solving and dedicated to maintaining continuous improvement in your working environment. The candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams and partners.
This role will be responsible for integrating, maintaining and enhancing infrastructure consisting of Hitachi SAN and Veeam backup and recovery.
Estimated start date 31-05-2021
Location of work Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract 12 months
Contract extensions 12 months - Subject to being found suitable in the mandatory OSA.
Security clearance Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
- Experience in the following disciplines:(Hitachi SAN solutions, Cloud storage solutions, Storage migration between SANs, Veeam backups and recovery software, Integration between disciplines above)
- Excellent understanding of SAN infrastructure/architecture (FC HBA's, fabrics, SAN's, etc.) and an in-depth technical knowledge of Cisco SAN switches
- Substantial experience with Hitachi technologies and infrastructure is essential.
- Produce designs, design patterns, configurations, and documentation is accordance with industry standards for storage and backups systems.
- Perform maintenance and administration functions for the SAN and backups systems.
- Substantial knowledge and application of a broad range of skills including software, systems and enterprise architecture, software and hardware engineering, interface protocols.
- Knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM) and its application to storage and backups.
- Highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk.
- Fully understands the importance of security to own work and the operation of the organisation. Seeks specialist security knowledge or advice when required to support own work or work of immediate colleagues.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Anthony Moore on 02 9492 7508 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AM
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.