About the Role:
Join an industry leader, where not only will your voice be heard but you will have a strong impact on project outcomes that will directly influence the next generation of Defence Maritime Capability.
This is your chance to work for a multinational organisation. Our client is a world leader in the Defence industry who have picked up a major Australian Maritime project.
In this role you will be given the chance to not only travel interstate but also overseas and build your multicultural connections.
- Able to participate in the definition of the make/buy policy for the equipment usually manufactured by local or European suppliers
- Challenge existing procurement strategies to maximize the involvement of Australian Industry
- Assist the company in implementing procurement specifications, strategies and Supplier AIC plans.
- Make recommendations on any innovative solutions to improve costs, quality and timeframes
- Communicate effectively to all suppliers the recommendations and restrictions around the AIC framework and their capabilities.
- Manage contracts in a secured and optimized manner and in accordance with legal and financial standards
- Prepare and run negotiations focusing on company financial targets
- Build and grow strong relationships with external procurement customers and suppliers (both interstate and internationally) and report any achievements or issues to the AIC Sourcing Manager
- 8 years proven work in either business development, supply chain, logistics or procurement within the Defence industry.
- Have a clear understanding of the Defence landscape including Government policies and practices.
- Have proven experience working within the AIC environment.
- Australian Citizenship and eligible for an Australian Security Clearance. A current "clearance" highly favourable.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in reading the market and has the ability to add innovation to resourcing.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including the ability to prepare written reports, briefings, updates and other documentation to internal and external stakeholders
- A high level of numeracy skills, attention to detail and superior analysis ability
- Ability to work in multicultural environments
- Ability to challenge "Conventional" thinking
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 18 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Kelly Foxwell on 0400 221 065 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.