The System Administrator is responsible for complex activities and tasks relating to design, development, integration, configuration, hardening, and documentation of Cyber Security Systems. The System Administrator will conduct these activities whilst working cohesively and flexibly with related stakeholders to the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC).
- Must hold an active or inactive TSPV clearance (Any Agency)
- 12 Contract or 24 month contract on offer
- SFIA Lvl 4 or 5
- Flexible/Part time working arrangements available
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience in Linux OS
- Understanding of various protocols (i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP) and proxies (i.e. web proxies).
- Experience in one of the following preferred technologies DESIRABLE:
- Software defined storage technologies (i.e. CEPH).
- Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS, e.g. Red Hat OpenStack, AWS);
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS, e.g. Red Hat Open Shift);
- Containers (e.g. Docker) technologies;
- Elastic Search (ES).
- Design, install and maintain all server hardware and software systems.
- Conduct Linux systems administration including Operating System installation, configuration, integration, hardening, software and patch management and documentation of Cyber Security Capability.
- System patching including Red Hat Ansible, Red Hat Satellite automation, configuration management and deployment tools.
- Design, develop and maintain all system tools for all scripts and automation processes and monitor system capacity and usage.
- Identify and analyse system performance issues, and work in close coordination with related stakeholders to recommend and implement remediation actions.
- Identify any configuration discrepancies in the system, assess security risks, and implement solutions by adhering to security standards
Kinexus are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Anthony Moore on 02 9492 7508 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.