ABOUT THIS ROLE
A highly rewarding role that will allow you to work within a team of multi-disciplined, professional engineers on exciting defence projects. It will see you participating in all stages of the project from initial concept to design, fabrication, test and finally installation/integration.
The work conducted in this role will be vital to the future of defence capability. Good analytical and problem solving skills are a must with a proven track record in integrating systems for successful project delivery. Some travel overseas to expand your horizons, working alongside international players on large scale maritime vessels.
Our client specialises in providing a unique capability in underwater maritime warfare. Priding themselves of their developments in Sonar, Electronic Warfare and Submarine Vessels. This position will see members contributing to this niche capability, something an experienced systems engineer can truly appreciate.
- Provide technical expertise on defence projects, ensuring customer requirements are met with innovative solutions.
- Develop projects from functional and performance-based specifications
- Conduct systems architecture design.
- Test, design and validation of company products.
- Supervise, mentor and guide the development of software and hardware activities.
- Contribute to internal peer and design reviews.
- Coordinate and orchestrate studies.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Experience in Systems Engineering within domains such as Electronic Warfare, Radar, Sonar and Battlefield Communications would be advantageous.
- Australian citizen with a capacity for gaining a security clearance of NV1.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Systems Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Interpersonal skills with experience in leading multi-disciplined engineering teams desirable.
- Technical experience in embedded real-time systems.
- Software Development Life Cycle exposure.
- Good working knowledge of Linux.
- Demonstrated experience in Signal Processing techniques and RF Communication Receiver Systems.
- Work on state of the art equipment.
- Innovate in a collaborative and encouraging environment.
- Be a part of a project, integrating at all stages of its evolution.
- Help to provide a unique product in use with the Australian Defence Force
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Callum Andrew on 0402 759 468 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs