Our client is seeking two Electrical Engineers (Platform Systems) to perform various maintenance and sustainment tasks in the Naval Defence environment. Permanent and fixed term roles available, and part time will be considered.
Defence industry and Systems Engineering experience is highly regarded, as is a current Defence security clearance. Applicants MUST be Australian citizens (and eligible for a security clearance).
- Perform project engineering tasks for contracted engineering change projects
- Develop and progress engineering change proposals through the project engineering change management process.
- Perform the role of a Design Acceptance Representative within your area of expertise
- Provide technical advice on engineering activities relating to ANZAC naval ship platform electrical systems
- Actively participate in design reviews and technical workshops to champion achievement of configuration management baselines
- Co-ordinate internal reviews of engineering artefacts delivered for design reviews to ensure they satisfy contracted requirements and support the development of engineering documentation
- Review cost and schedule performance of project tasks and re-baseline tasks when required
- Identify naval ship availability periods for installation of the engineering change projects
- Arrange and participate in visits to Western Australian based ship and shore facilities for external stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years general engineering experience
- Significant experience in applying Systems Engineering processes and be able to be appointed with an Engineering Delegation as an ASQEP Level 3 within 6-months.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- Significant experience implementing change to electrical systems
- A strong understanding of the Australian Defence environment, Commonwealth processes and the Australian Defence industry environment.
- A sound understanding of project management and commercial processes as applied in Defence.
- A tertiary degree level electrical engineering qualification recognised by membership of The Institute of Engineers Australia
- Strong customer service and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence Industry.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Sophie Richards on 03 9982 0304 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.