The SEA1000 Future Submarine Program is the largest defence acquisition project in Australian history, responsible for the replacement of the Collins-Class submarines with 12 new Attack-Class submarines. The Attack-Class will enter service in the early 2030s.
Whilst majority of the engineering work will be undertaken in Adelaide, a rare opportunity has emerged for an engineering project to take place in Sydney.
About the client
Our client is world renown leader in the design, development manufacture and support of systems for the Australian Defence Force. To support their continued growth, a golden pportunity has become available for a Systems Engineer to take charge on a brand new SEA1000 program.
About the role
Reporting to the Program Manager, as Systems Engineer, your duties will include, but are not limited to, working with the customer to achieve systems engineering milestones, meet the customer's technical requirements, provide technical support and participate in technology transfer.
- Play a crucial role in SEA1000 whilst staying in Sydney
- Work with futuristic sensor technology
- A competitive salary package
- Free on-site parking and close to public transport
- Flexibility for work life balance
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will be a qualified Systems Engineer who has:
- Bachelor of Engineering qualifications in Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years Systems Engineering experience with RADAR, SONAR, Combat Systems, Acoustics, Photonics or a similar discipline
- Proven experience in delivering projects within the Australian Defence industry
- Structured approach to systems engineering principles
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Cultural flexibility and adaptability
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Security Clearance - you will have or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence NV1 security clearance
Please note that due to the specific requirements of the role, only applicants with the above experience will be contacted.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply, please click on the application button and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, contact Shane Curtis on 02 9492 7509. #LI-Shane
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.