ABOUT THIS ROLE
As the Systems Network Administrator you will be responsible for the installation and monitoring for one of Australia's leading defence industry companies' IT Hardware Systems.
This role will see you liaising with key stakeholders and contributing to the successful completion of programs and initiatives while having the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of defence projects.
This role isn't your typical Systems Network Administrator job, its much more than that. Collaborating with other professionals to achieve the best possible outcome is a key part of the company's work culture. If you're sick of the monotony and bureaucracy seen in other roles, then this is the challenging and rewarding career you need!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
My client is well known and respected around the world. Their products are key not only to defence, but all major industries.
They look to their employees to ensure that the best outcome can be achieved in a harmonious environment. A collaboration is needed to ensure this, with both staff and management working towards achieving the best results for both the stakeholder and the client.
Flexible working arrangements and support for interstate relocation is available to the right candidate.
- Establish, maintain and monitor network, system and security logs
- Be proactive in ensuring system availability
- Monitor and maintain the security of the IT infrastructure
- Provide technical support and issue resolution as needed
- Deploy new hardware and applications while monitoring configuration updates across computer systems and infrastructure
- Develop and maintain documentation for IT systems and procedures
- Research and provide technical advice on new technologies and systems as required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline from a recognised institution, and/or equivalent relevant experience (preferably within the defence industry)
- Thorough knowledge and practical experience in core networking concepts (e.g. TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPNs, routing and firewalls) is desirable
- Hands on experience with system administration and troubleshooting for Linux systems
- Experience with virtualisation technologies
- Practical knowledge of troubleshooting, messaging systems and database administration
- Communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- NV1 Security clearance or be an Australian Citizen
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Callum Andrew on 08 8432 0491 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-CA
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs