A leading Adelaide based Defence organisation is seeking the services of Technical Wirter to assit with the development of Product Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
As Technical Writer you will be responsible for developing a range of technical documentation (print and online). Previous experience of workign within a Defence environment, working on critial projects will be an advantage.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Develop product Operation and Maintenance Manuals as required.
- Review and edit documents from technical writer peers and other team members.
- Work closely with Software and/or Hardware Engineers and Software Developers to develop new and existing documentation.
- Validate documentation against the product.
- Follow the relevant company/project review and approval processes.
- Comply with legislation and Company policies, processes and instructions, including those relating to non-discrimination, safety and duty of care and the quality management system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven writing skills with the ability to write in plain English.
- Experience with writing and editing large and/or complex documents to an advanced level in Microsoft Word.
- Strong communication skills.
- Broad experience with Windows applications and Microsoft Office.
- Experience as a Technical Writer in a hardware or software development environment.
- Experience with methodologies for the development of documentation for hardware and software products.
- Experience with using graphic tools for producing simple drawings and diagrams.
- Experience with implementing Configuration Management and Quality processes.
- Australian citizen or able to meet citizen eligibility requirements to comply with Defence Industry security requirements.
- MS Word
- MS Office
- Windows applications
- Adobe Acrobat Standard
- Graphics tools
- Online Help authoring package
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Confident and assertive manner.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and prepared to share knowledge and experiences.
- Ability to adapt to new tasks, technologies and procedures.
- Ability to plan, schedule, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates behaviours that reflect company values.
Due to the nature and sensitivity of the work you must hold an active Baseline or NV1 Security Clearance.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Danny Fleming on 02 9492 7510 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.