We are working with a well-known Defence Maritime company whom are focused on design and support for the Australian Defence Force. They are seeking an experienced Technical Writer to develop and write technical customer-facing product documentation. This role would join the team in a full-time capacity based in Canberra.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to identify and analyse documentation needs.
- Identify audiences for content and anticipating the questions, problems and needs that the content should address.
- Identify, write and edit technical and non-technical content for customer-friendly product documentation in a timely manner
- Test/review & evaluation of documents to ensure fit for purpose.
- Work within the program management team, collaborate closely with engineers, and ensure documentation is comprehensive and accurate to meet clients' needs.
- Coordinate the achievement of defined timelines by effectively managing time and resources given competing priorities within a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support the delivery of business objectives.
Work Experience & Skills
- 3+ years technical background or prior experience working within a technical organization.
- An existing or reinstatable Australian Defence security clearance.
- Ability to translate complex and technical information into clear, concise and everyday language that customers can understand.
- Knowledge and exposure to Solidworks or CATIA Computer Aided Design tools and DEF (Aus) 5629B and SI1000D standards highly preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher)
Safety is first and foremost to both Kinexus and our client, and all aspects of recruitment and onboarding are taken very seriously. Due to the current situation there are strict safety protocols in place along with provisions to work remotely as and when required.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ON
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.