The Technical Writers will achieve operational validation of the content, by working alongside Ships Staff, with the guidance of the Engineering Section, to verify Technical Publication, and identify and make amendments to all publications in priority order. The role is based at Garden Island
- Monthly development and delivery of monthly progress reports and updated schedule, emergent situation reports, and appropriate risk reports.
- Identification of prioritised publications for validation and amendment, in consultation with Ship Staff, to be agreed and accepted by the Commonwealth.
- Development of a 12-month schedule for validation and amendment of prioritised publications, to be agreed and accepted by the Commonwealth.
- Physical configuration inspection of systems to ensure 'as fitted' reflects supplied publications.
- Review and incorporation of publication red line mark-ups and reported publication issues.
- Confirm publication drawing resolution is legible and, if required, replace with SPO approved drawings.
- Ensure publications are grammatically correct and update as necessary.
- Ensure publications contain enough information for Ships use and update or provide recommendations.
- Confirm publication scheduled maintenance aligns with approved planned maintenance documentation and update or provide recommendations.
- Package changes for presentation at ERB/CCB to align with Engineering Change process
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Experience as a Technical Writer
- Defence experience essential
- Hold or have the ability to maintain a Baseline clearance
Please forward your covering letter and resume in WORD FORMAT.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 20 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help them grow their careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Toby Wright on 08 7226 6579 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.