- Develop, Plan, Coordinate T&E events
- Multiple tranches of work, each at different stages of the capability life cycle
- Defence Industry - assisting with the Test and Evaluation Master Plan
Expressions of interest are currently open for a Test and Evaluation Engineer, for a permanent role in Canberra that requires eligibility for Top Secret clearance.
This company is a leading provider of professional services to the Defence Industry, with over 20 years' experience working directly with the Commonwealth. These services include, but are not limited to; project management, engineering, asset management, integrated logistics support, procurement and training solutions. This global organisation is uniquely positioned across a wide range of projects above-the-line within the Australian Defence sector.
This position will be responsible for providing Project and Software Engineering directly to the Commonwealth. The team are delivering multiple tranches of work, each at a different stage of the capability life cycle. The Engineer will primarily provide technical and ICT engineering advice to the Tranche 1 project but will also be requested on occasion to provide advice to the other Tranches and projects. The role will require you to have the following skills in order to successfully deliver the desired outcomes:
- The ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholder portfolios including entities within Defence, the Australian Government, Industry and international partners
- Prime System Integrator (PSI) experience with software on secure networks
- Documentation development, documentation review and test and evaluation activities
- Transition of the capability into sustainment through the development of necessary policies and procedures required to support the capability
- An understanding of ICT networking and secure software development processes and definitions to communicate successfully with stakeholders
- Work with the existing team to successfully deliver the capability into an operational environment
Are you prompt, proactive and have some experience in agile software capability? Can you take a flexible approach and work collaboratively with clients and service providers?
As an Engineer in this role, you will need to be capable of providing technical inputs into the requirements necessary to sustain the software capability. This includes how the capability can be sustained as hardware and software are upgraded via agile development throughout its life cycle. The sustainment phase will take several years to successfully achieve transition, but the success of the transition will be built upon the knowledge and expertise you bring to this role.
Skills & Experience - Apply now if you have any combination of these
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement experience
- Software coding experience or a knowledge of coding language and definitions
- History of delivering ICT capability projects to completion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of Network & Systems architecture
- An understanding of Electronic Warfare
- Defence industry experience
- Capability Life Cycle experience (or whole of product life cycle)
- Degree in ICT (preferred) or Engineering
- Previous experience in transitioning software into sustainment
- Experience in Test and Evaluation programs
- An understanding of ICT security within the Defence context
Benefits of this role
This organisation is committed to supporting the professional development of staff at every stage of their career through in-house training, performance rewards and structured career paths. They offer a competitive package of lifestyle benefits that include family-friendly work hours. They are a quality assured equal opportunity employer uniquely positioned in the Australian Defence Industry.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help grow careers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Kylie Doon on 08 7523 9836 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-KD
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.