Defence is seeking a high level software testing professional to assist in providing and supporting a testing governance framework at ASD plus coordinating and managing a range of ICT testing activities.
- Must hold an active or inactive TSPV clearance
- 12 or month Contract on offer
- SFIA Lvl 5
- Flexible working arrangements available
This work will need to take into account traditional waterfall development, agile development methodologies, systems engineering, and Defence's approach to Test & Evaluation
The Test Manager must hold an Advanced Test Manager certification from the International Software Testing Qualification Board (or affiliate national organisations), or must achieve certification during the contract period
- Assist in developing a testing framework for various software projects run by ASD. Provide feedback and reporting on the implementation of the framework.
- Identify skills gaps in the test team and participate in identifying and planning skills development programs and approaches.
- Identify resource constraints, applicable standards to be followed, appropriate methods, tools and applications needed to undertake testing activities and help to implement the required changes or activities to address these.
- Help to align software test approaches to a wider Defence approach to Test and Evaluation.
- Plan and conduct test activities in collaboration with others, meeting project scope, schedule and resource constraints while achieving test objectives and realising benefits to the organisation. Propose business plans to undertake test activities in a structured way.
- Engage with risk to achieve test outcomes while maximising benefit to the organisation. Organise and lead risk identification and analysis sessions and use the results of these to plan and conduct test activities.
- Manage testing projects, implementing the established mission, goal and testing processes. Monitor and control the progress of test activities to achieve project scope, schedule and resource objectives. Report in a timely manner the test results, during and at the conclusion of test activities.
- Present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences using the most effective media for the communications.
- Share knowledge and experience in testing with others.
- Undertake routine record keeping associated with managing test teams and activities, including using the organisation's electronic record keeping system.
Kinexus are the No. 1 defence recognised supplier with a specialisation in the recruitment of mid to senior level professionals who hold Defence or Federal government clearances across the spectrum of technology platforms. Kinexus are recognised as a top 15 Defence SME in Australia and support various major defence projects.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Ross Webb on 02 9492 7530 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.