Our client specialises in the design, development, and through-life support of advanced technologies for Defence Maritime. The Junior Project Manager will be responsible for providing project support to Program and Project Managers across the business. This role will involve a high level of engagement with stakeholders and defence clients.
This role would be ideal for a Project Support Officer or an experienced /senior Project Coordinator looking to work in a fast paced, engaging organisation in the defence industry.
Key responsibilities will cover:
- Preparing general contract documentation
- Responsibility for the effective management and delivery of projects.
- Identifying and managing project risks, issues and actions
- Preparing project performance analysis and reporting
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key customers, suppliers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing project finances and staying within approved budgets.
- Support research and data analysis of project analytics for continuous improvement and delivery of all aspects of project performance.
- Relevant degree in technical or business preferred, or experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years' experience in a project environment preferably within the Defence Industry;
- Experience working within a team responsible for managing and delivering multiple complex projects; including scope, cost and schedule management, planning and estimation, reporting, risk and issues management, contract administration, procurement and resource and supplier management;
- Experience in project management scheduling tools such as MS Project or Open Plan Professional;
- Ability to deliver results by arranging workflow, determining priorities and meeting deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must have an understanding of Defence Procurement and Contracting;
- Eligible for Australian Government Security Vetting Agency Clearance level: NV1.
Please note all applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and the successful candidate MUST be able to obtain clearance prior to commencement.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ON
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.