YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
Kinetic Defence Services Pty Ltd (known as Kinexus People and referred to as “Kinexus”, “we”, “us” and “our”) have strict guidelines and policies regarding the collection, use, storage and accessibility of information we collect from you. As such, we work in line with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which includes the Australian Privacy Principles, (the “Privacy Act”).
This policy ensures the privacy and protection of your personal information, including information that is confidential and sensitive. It applies to all websites owned and operated by Kinexus as well as any Kinexus facilitated information gathering activities.
By providing us with your personal information, you accept the following policies, processes and procedures. If you do not agree to this policy, you can choose not to use the Kinexus website (www.kinexus.com.au) or participate in any information gathering activities.
What is your personal information?
Any information that can be linked to an individual or entity known to Kinexus is seen as ‘Personal Information’ (see the Privacy Act for full description). This is the case whether or not the information or opinion is true, and whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
We collect information on all the individuals or entities that we deal with in a professional capacity unless asked otherwise.
Information we collect may include:
- Contact details
- Employment details and history
- Salary expectations
- Visa status
- Date of birth
- Medical records
- Financial details
- Reference contact details and referee feedback
- Corporation details, including the internal structure and employment requirements
You are welcome to use a pseudonym or to remain anonymous when participating in surveys or corresponding with us. However, in some circumstances, we may be required by law to deal with individuals who have identified themselves, e.g. employment contracts, tax file declarations and superannuation declarations.
How do we collect and hold your personal information?
Kinexus collects information in many different ways, including:
- From applications through our website or employment advertising agencies e.g. seek;
- Correspondence directly with a consultant employed by Kinexus, including email, fax and telephone correspondence;
- Surveys e.g. Salary Surveys;
- Social Media e.g. Linked In, Facebook and Twitter;
- Trade shows;
- Subscription sign up e.g. to our blog, and;
- Other third parties that provide us with your details while acting as an agent of yourself for example referees you have provided the details for.
All information collected is held securely within our offices and electronic data systems.
Why do we collect, hold and disclose your personal information?
Kinexus collects personal information so that we can complete our business activities and provide you with the best possible service. It allows us to:
- Provide employment services;
- Provide industry relevant consulting and assessment services;
- Perform employment related checks such as reference checks, psychometric testing, visa checks, medical checks and credit checks;
- Create reports in order to best serve our industry;
- Manage our relationships;
- Maintain the currency of our customer database;
- Monitor our online presence and customer engagement;
- Track usage of our website in order to optimise the customer experience, and;
- Comply with federal and national laws, rules and regulations relating to the holding of information.
Who do we disclose personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our employees;
- Service providers, e.g. visa administrators, medical assessment agencies, payment processors, accountants, electronic and IT systems administrators, couriers, mailing houses, solicitors, industry consultants and data entry service providers;
- Organisations or individuals, with direct consent from you, and;
- Our customers.
- Overseas disclosure
We may disclose personal information to customers and third-party service providers and suppliers located overseas. These overseas entities may be located in New Zealand, UAE, Philippines, Europe, USA, Ireland, England and Singapore.
Direct marketing material
Direct marketing material may be sent to you if we believe it will be of interest to you. You can opt-out of this by selecting options to unsubscribe, or by contacting us directly (see contact details below or within the Contact section of our website).
We do not disclose or sell personal information to entities that aim to collect it for purposes other than our business objectives, e.g. to send you their own marketing material.
You have the right to, at any time, request to know what personal information we hold on you; that we change any part of this information, and/or; that it be removed from our systems, provided we do not require it held for legal reasons. This is in line with the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
As our site and electronic data system is connected to the internet and the internet is characteristically insecure, we cannot provide any assurances regarding the security of information transmitted online. Accordingly, any information transmitted to us online is done so at your own risk.
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will investigate your complaint as quickly as possible and respond within a reasonable time from the date of receipt. If our response is not considered to be acceptable, it can be referred to the Australian Information (Privacy) Commissioner (see www.oaic.gov.au).