Are you an experienced Engineer that has a proven background in design and cross-functional leadership? Our client is currently seeking a Chief Engineer to join their team in a senior leadership role. The successful candidate is accountable for ensuring products are researched, developed, design and transitioned into full production.
This is a critical role for the business and will require an experienced engineer who can drive complex technical programs and has a hands-on approach to designing, building, testing, and delivering technical solutions. Applicants with a proven track record in electronic and mechatronic design are encouraged to apply.
- Lead and work collaboratively across organisational boundaries and disciplines to solve complex problems as a team
- Lead technical integrity of design products
- Lead the development, review, and maintenance of the Safety Case
- Lead multi-discipline teams to deliver required outputs
- Exercise financial control over the development of products
- Review and evaluate technical work, schedule and co-ordinate to attain the delivery of program objectives
- Initiate and influence strategy for emerging, new, and current technologies, products, services within Defence Systems
- Responsible and accountable for the establishment delivery of engineering work
- Provide specialist engineering advice, input, and direction into business development, research, concept development, production, and support
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronic)
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional engineering teams
- Registration on the NER as a Professional Engineer and Chartered Professional Engineer CPEng certification
- FIEAust certification highly desirable
- Proven experience working in safety critical environments
- Experience working in Defence or Manufacturing industry
- Excellent technical aptitude and experience with product development
- Must have a hands-on approach to designing, building, testing, and delivering technical solutions
- Must have recent experience in electronic design and product development
Applicants must be Australian Citizen's eligible for a Defence clearance and meet ITAR requirements
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 22 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 0419 630 422 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TG
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.