Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you interested in utilising your skills within a dynamic team working on exciting projects? We currently have an opportunity in Canberra for a Communications Engineer to join an industry leader in their field. This is a critical role within the business that will have a direct input into the outcomes of major Land Defence projects.
This is an amazing opportunity to work on state-of-the-art communications capability in Defence whilst showcasing your engineering expertise. You will be responsible for providing advice on all communication related requirements of the capability, ensuring that risks and issues are flagged and dealt with.
- Produce equipment designs in accordance with requirements
- Responsible for design and development activities.
- Foster a working environment that is focused on meeting the requirements of customers, both external and internal.
- Liaise with each of the respective Functional Managers to ensure that their requirements are incorporated into the design and development activities.
- Liaise with other Defence units and groups to achieve outcomes as needed
- Development of technical scope for engineering activities to be developed by contractors.
- Prepare and review documentation required to support designs
- Define & oversee equipment integration & verification
Skills & Experience required:
- Tertiary Qualifications in electrical/electronic/communications engineering
- Experience with Radio, RF, Networks, Satellite Systems, Navigation Systems, Radar and/or Electronic Warfare.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in analysis, design and development of Military Systems, RF systems, Command and Control Systems, Communications Systems or other complex, multi-disciplinary systems.
- Proven understanding of military tactical C4 equipment within a Land environment
- Knowledge of Defence project life cycle
- Excellent communications skills
- Meet ITAR compliancy
- Applicants should hold an active Negative Vetting 1 security clearance
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 19 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Melanie Lo on 08 8432 0494 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ML
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.