The Australian Government is further boosting Australia's Cyber Defences to ensure our essential networks are even more secure and reliable.
The Cyber Hygiene Improvement Programs (CHIPs) is an automated discovery and reporting process that identifies cyber hygiene issues in federal, state and territory, and local government internet facing IT services. CHIPs assists in understanding and hardening their internet facing attack surface by looking for and reporting on issues such as critical vulnerabilities, open ports and services, encryption and email security configurations and other significant internet facing cyber hygiene issues.
Kinexus is seeking a developer/analyst with skills in managing and maintaining large data sets, linking organisation records and other information. They right candidate will be fluent in Python, familiarity and experience working programmatically with common data and database formats (such as JSON, SQL and NoSQL), and an ability to figure out relationships between disparate data sets efficiently and at scale.
The person will possess broad knowledge in:
- Programming languages,
- Data analytics,
- Databases and data structures,
- Working with cloud services,
The person will possess skills in:
- Working with version management,
- Working effectively with a team of developers,
- Using software engineering tools,
- Developing using the Python programming language,
- Developing using the Bash shell and associated scripting language.
- Working familiarity with concepts such as DNS and IP network addressing will be beneficial.
The Developer/Analysts major responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the accuracy of the CHIPs domain and IP address attribution databases using a variety of data sources for ingestion.
- Writing supportable code to support discovery and ingestion of new data sources into the CHIPs domain and IP address attribution databases.
- Developing code using best practice principles including source control, testing and code review.
- Supporting other parts of the CHIPs team in the consuming information maintained by the analyst.
- Supporting the CHIPs program through planning and implementing future CHIPs domain, organisation and IP address discovery capabilities.
- Must have a minimum of an NV1 Clearance or higher
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 20 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Cindace Prasad on 02 9492 7517 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-CP
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.