Based in Newcastle, our client is seeking an experienced Defence Project Manager to join a dynamic team. The successful candidate will join a reputable Defence and Aerospace supplier with a long history for delivering products from concept through to support phase. In this role you will be working on exciting & high-profile projects. The work will ensure the modern battlespace is equipped to meet the expectations of a timely and efficient fighting force.
The primary responsibility of this position is the project management of engineering activities including R&D, Systems Engineering, Change Management and Production Engineering. As the Project Manager you will be responsible for the execution of all project management disciplines, including scope management, time management, scheduling, budgeting, and cost management.
- Work with various engineering teams to ensure project outcomes are met
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure project outcomes meet relevant schedule and budget
- Manage scope of work being undertaken
- Undertake risk analysis ensuring risks are identified, monitored, and mitigated
- Conduct project review meetings and provide reports on project status
- Support the procurement of items required for the engineering project
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management
- Proven experience with project planning tools
- Experience with the full lifecycle of projects from concept through to design, specifically manufacturing/product development
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience working within the CASG framework is highly desirable
- Experience with ASDEFCON
- Significant Project Management experience
- Experience working on Defence project will be highly advantageous
- Must be experienced in working in a fast-paced environment
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen and hold an NV1 Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of the project's applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship and hold a current Defence security clearance. Applicants are also required to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 20 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Andrew Randhawa on 0422 840 076 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AR
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.