ABOUT THIS ROLE
Manage a team of Engineers in the development of new technology and acquisition of products for the use in future naval projects. This role is perfect for an experienced Electrical Engineer with an understanding of procurement and manufacturing in the defence industry.
Join a team working together to bring new technology into service with the ADF. This role will over time, allowing the Engineer to not only play a role in the procurement of technology, but develop their own bespoke systems.
This role has amazing capacity for growth and will develop into something that few Engineers have the chance to do.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A large, multi national company that prides itself on providing tailored solutions to unique demands. Recognition of success is a key motivator for staff, which is in turn rewarded.
Confidence and commitment are key, especially when tackling the challenges faced within the defence industry. This is encouraged through personnel growth and professional development of staff through training opportunities and courses provided.
- Liaise with stakeholders and external suppliers to verify equipment and validate its capacity for use on defence projects
- Make recommendations on these products and compile reports of their functionality to purpose
- Oversee, mentor and lead the team in the V&V of products
- Participate in electrical equipment updates
- Develop documentation from findings to assist procurement teams in decision making process's
- Ensure the team remains focused on purpose and provide leadership as required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- A background in Defence Procurement, V&V or manufacturing will be looked at favourably
- Prior experience in Defence Naval Vessels is needed
- NV1 Security Clearance, or the capacity to gain one is required
- Experience in leading teams on defence projects or similar
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of underwater electrical equipment, power systems or propulsion systems is highly desirable
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Callum Andrew on 08 8432 0491 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-CA
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs