About the Role:
Our client is offering an unparalleled contract opportunity for an accomplished Software Engineer to support an urgent project in the defence industry. Working on real time control systems for an advanced unmanned aircraft platform, you will play a pivotal role in defining key future high-tech systems.
About the Company:
Joining a leading R&D software team, you will work with industry professionals focussed on cutting edge delivery in the next phase of defence enhancements for the security of Australia.
- Real-time & embedded software development
- Software design, integration and testing
- Safety critical control software for an aircraft/drone project
- Embedded C software development, C++ opportunities available
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive real-time embedded software development
- Embedded C for real time systems is essential, C++ advantageous
- Safety critical development e.g. medical, rail, defence or avionics
- Knowledge of complex distributed systems/software
- Experience across full SDLC - from requirements through to integration
- Strong problem-solving skills & team collaboration
- Hourly rate $70-100 including super (dependant on experience and background).
- Urgent requirement - short lead time to get started in the role
- Rare opportunity to break into the defence sector, transferring your strong real-time skills into a high growth market with new scope for your career to flourish in the future.
- Fixed term contract (until 20th Dec) with good potential for further work - Kinexus contractors with this client have been offered extensions & temp to perm opportunities due to performance.
This is a role in the defence sector, so you must hold Australian Citizenship to be eligible.
Due to the nature of this project, you do not require an active security clearance to fulfil this contract, however it could be advantageous in securing further work (baseline/NV1/NV2 all beneficial).
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the Defence Industry in Australia. As a partner with some of the largest Defence projects, we have been actively engaging and working with in the Australian Defence Industry for over 18 years.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Robert Danks on 03 9982 0302 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.