Defence has commenced work on one of the most complex and challenging programs in ADF history, one that seeks to transform the ADF's Integrated Air and Missile Defence (IAMD) capability into a fully networked, fifth-generation force better able to protect its airspace and vital assets from increasingly complex and lethal air and missile threats.
This program seeks to deliver capability to enable a Joint Force that is better able to operate independently and co-operatively. The Program will interconnect many systems and sensors across air, land, sea, and space domains. It will enhance the speed and accuracy of those systems' responses to rapidly advancing air and missile threats by employing a multi-layered System-of-Systems architecture and applying cutting-edge technologies to decision-making (e.g. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning).
Many aspects of the program are developmental in nature with no relevant global exemplars, and will place Australia at the very forefront of technological achievement.
The successful applicant will be a highly experienced Engineering Manager who can build a workforce capable of delivering a state-of-the-art IAMD capability. This is a role of significant importance for the future success of the program and as such requires an individual with proven experience in a role of similar magnitude.
- Direct and exercise functional authority in the areas of planning, control, integration and delivery
- Establish the Engineering Management Plan
- Lead and manage a diverse team of engineers and technicians
- Implement engineering processes in line with CASG requirements
- Forecast, plan and develop mission and support system costs, resources and capabilities
- Establish requirements for; design, certification of parts, and maintenance
- Lead the technical development of the procurement buying activities
- Manage engineering input to the project schedule
- Conduct and attend regular project status meetings with the Project and the Program functional areas
- Support transition to the project delivery phase post Government approval.
SKILLS & EXPERINECE NEEDED
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering field (4-year degree minimum) coupled with engineering procurement experience
- Significant Defence engineering experience with a focus on leading complex Defence projects
- Familiarity with resource planning activities in relation to program delivery plans and the relationship to the supply chain
- Experience working in a Systems Program Office environment
- Candidates must have a current NV1 Defence security clearance and be ITAR compliant
- Excellent career progression & development
- Ability to work on state of the art technology
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic working environment
Successful systems engineering is critical to the defence of the nation. You will be working with high quality, leading edge technology, and you will be doing things that will help save lives of our warfighters in the field.
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Toby Wright on 08 7226 6579 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-TW
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.