ICT Desktop Support Technician - RFQ-ASD-162-2023 - SOW 1 - Rereleased
Due to the nature of clients we work with here at Kinexus and the projects these roles will be based on, an Australian Government Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) clearance is essential.
These opportunities do not have the ability to obtain sponsorship for a security clearance (including applicants who currently hold a security clearance seeking to upgrade).
ABOUT THIS ROLE
ICT Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for deployment, troubleshooting and support of ICT endpoint devices. ICT endpoint devices include a wide variety of PCs, printers, IP Phones, Desktop VTCs, KVM Switches and ancillaries.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is the federal agency responsible for foreign signals intelligence, cyber warfare and information security. ASD's purpose is to defend Australia from global threats and help advance our national interests.
Situated in Canberra, ASD employs over 2000 TSPV cleared workers. ASD's workforce is growing rapidly. Areas of growth include PMO, cyber security, systems administration and engineering, software development and network engineering.
A top-security, complex and highly technical environment, ASD plays a vital role in the defence of Australia. Long contracts (12 months+) available.
- ICT stores management which includes conducting stocktake activities, moving bulky items such as PCs and monitors, unboxing equipment and disposal of garbage.
- Installation of ICT endpoint devices including establishing the network connection from the switch port to the endpoint device. This may involve some physical work such as unpacking cartons, moving computers between desks, offices and buildings.
- Use deployment technologies to install operating system and applications to ICT endpoint devices.
- Network configuration including switch port configuration, network based security management configuration, DHCP and print services.
- Network connection tasks including patch cabling and tracing connections from wall points to switch rooms.
- Preparation of endpoint devices for shipment, sanitisation and disposal in accordance with provided instructions.
- Troubleshoot issues with ICT endpoint devices.
- Maintain incident, problem management records and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Transfer technical knowledge through production and update of relevant documentation, instructions or procedures. Guide and mentor other staff.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Australian Citizenship and a TSPV security clearance is essential.
Why work for ASD?
- Work on interesting and prestigious projects vital to the ongoing defence of Australia.
- Flexible work environment; work the hours that suit you between 7am and 7pm.
- Low attrition rate: the great variety of projects and opportunities across different business areas ensure few workers leave ASD.
- 12 or 18 month contracts available.
- Fantastic growth opportunities available at any stage of your career.
- Kinexus has been supplying TSPV contractors to ASD since 2004 and have a strong relationship with them. We are one of just 9 suppliers Australia-wide.
- Our experience in managing contractors in defence/national security industries means we understand the requirements from the Commonwealth, insurances and clearances.
- DISP accredited; we can hold clearances and manage renewals.
- Dedicated account manager (me!) who is your dedicated POC and offer continuous contractor care.
- Rate negotiation guidance in line with the SFIA framework.
- Dedicated payroll assistant who facilitates your taxes and super.
- We proactively chase timesheet approvers to ensure you get paid on-time and error free.
- Regular visits to Canberra for coffee, lunches and quarterly drinks events.
- We can facilitate novated car leases, LAFHA or salary sacrifice.
- We'll keep you up to date with the most appropriate, interesting opportunities in your field.
- Community matters. Kinexus supports women in Defence through our female mentoring program and rewards referrers through our Referral Rewards scheme.
- Support for your health and wellness through counselling support (EAP) available for all contractors and their families.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the defence industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help grow careers.
All applications should include your resume as a word document. For more information, visit our website, www.kinexus.com.au or contact Cindace Prasad at 0449 511 324. #LI-CP