ICT System Administrator - Application Packaging - RFQ-ASD-154-2023 - SOW 3 - Rereleased
Due to the nature of clients we work with here at Kinexus and the projects these roles will be based on, an Australian Government Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) clearance is essential.
These opportunities do not have the ability to obtain sponsorship for a security clearance (including applicants who currently hold a security clearance seeking to upgrade).
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Endpoint Services Section within the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) requires ICT System Administrators to maintain application support processes, and check that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. ICT System Administrators use application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is the federal agency responsible for foreign signals intelligence, cyber warfare and information security. ASD's purpose is to defend Australia from global threats and help advance our national interests.
Situated in Canberra, ASD employs over 2000 TSPV cleared workers. ASD's workforce is growing rapidly. Areas of growth include PMO, cyber security, systems administration and engineering, software development and network engineering.
A top-security, complex and highly technical environment, ASD plays a vital role in the defence of Australia. Long contracts (12 months+) available.
- Use application management software and tools to investigate issues.
- Investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems around system software.
- Install, test and advise on the correct use of new versions of system software including those within a VDI environment.
- Work as part of a team to ensure ICT hardware configuration and type is appropriate for application support and functional operations.
- Transfer technical knowledge through preparation and maintenance of application support processes and mentoring other staff members.
- Collect performance and usage statistics on applications for reporting.
- Work as part of a team to manage incidents, problems, continuous service improvement and workflows to meet deadlines.
- Contribute technical knowledge and industry best practice to a customer focused, security enabled global ICT platform.
- Engage and liaise with assigned Project Management Office resources regarding ICT deliverables.
- Engage and liaise with customers of capabilities to ensure user stories are delivered against.
- Draft, review and maintain standard operating procedures, knowledge base articles and other relevant documentation.
- Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Demonstrated experience in application packaging within a VDI environment and using deployment technologies like AppV or AppVolumes.
- Demonstrated experience in System Center Configuration Manager.
- An understanding of modern scripting practices and languages to automate process, gather information and resolve common issues.
- Australian Citizenship and a TSPV security clearance is essential.
Why work for ASD?
- Work on interesting and prestigious projects vital to the ongoing defence of Australia.
- Flexible work environment; work the hours that suit you between 7am and 7pm.
- Low attrition rate: the great variety of projects and opportunities across different business areas ensure few workers leave ASD.
- 12 or 18 month contracts available.
- Fantastic growth opportunities available at any stage of your career.
- Kinexus has been supplying TSPV contractors to ASD since 2004 and have a strong relationship with them. We are one of just 9 suppliers Australia-wide.
- Our experience in managing contractors in defence/national security industries means we understand the requirements from the Commonwealth, insurances and clearances.
- DISP accredited; we can hold clearances and manage renewals.
- Dedicated account manager (me!) who is your dedicated POC and offer continuous contractor care.
- Rate negotiation guidance in line with the SFIA framework.
- Dedicated payroll assistant who facilitates your taxes and super.
- We proactively chase timesheet approvers to ensure you get paid on-time and error free.
- Regular visits to Canberra for coffee, lunches and quarterly drinks events.
- We can facilitate novated car leases, LAFHA or salary sacrifice.
- We'll keep you up to date with the most appropriate, interesting opportunities in your field.
- Community matters. Kinexus supports women in Defence through our female mentoring program and rewards referrers through our Referral Rewards scheme.
- Support for your health and wellness through counselling support (EAP) available for all contractors and their families.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the defence industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help grow careers.
All applications should include your resume as a word document. For more information, visit our website, www.kinexus.com.au or contact Cindace Prasad at 0449 511 324. #LI-CP