ICT System Administrator (Storage and Backup) - RFQ-ASD-15-2024 - SOW 1 - Original
Due to the nature of clients we work with here at Kinexus and the projects these roles will be based on, an Australian Government Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) clearance is essential.
These opportunities do not have the ability to obtain sponsorship for a security clearance (including applicants who currently hold a security clearance seeking to upgrade).
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Provision of ICT Systems Administration (Storage and Backup) to enable the efficient sustainment of current infrastructure and design of future backup and storage solutions within a complex environment spanning multiple geographically separated data centres and remote offices.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 5.
Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is the federal agency responsible for foreign signals intelligence, cyber warfare and information security. ASD's purpose is to defend Australia from global threats and help advance our national interests.
Situated in Canberra, ASD employs over 2000 TSPV cleared workers. ASD's workforce is growing rapidly. Areas of growth include PMO, cyber security, systems administration and engineering, software development and network engineering.
A top-security, complex and highly technical environment, ASD plays a vital role in the defence of Australia. Long contracts (12 months+) available.
- Provide support in the design and implementation of the future storage and backup strategy and technology refresh across multiple environments for highly classified networks.
- Develop and document System Security Plans (SSP) for Storage and Backup systems.
- Provide systems administration and support for the management of the existing Storage Area Networks (SAN) in conjunction with future storage and backup requirements.
- Provide support to resolve Service Request and Incident tickets in the Storage and Backup Services queue.
- Work as part of a team to manage incidents, problems, continuous services improvement and workflows to meet deadlines.
- Contribute technical knowledge and industry best practice to a customer focused, security enabled global ICT platform.
- Engage and liaise with assigned project representatives and other support teams regarding storage and backup deliverables.
- Comply with internal administrative and Standard Operating Procedures.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Storage Technologies from Hitachi, HPE and Pure Storage.
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Backup and Recovery solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with SAN networking technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows Servers and operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Unix/Linux platforms.
- Demonstrated ICT Security experience or qualifications
- Demonstrated experience with VMware
- Australian Citizenship and a TSPV security clearance is essential.
Why work for ASD?
- Work on interesting and prestigious projects vital to the ongoing defence of Australia.
- Flexible work environment; work the hours that suit you between 7am and 7pm.
- Low attrition rate: the great variety of projects and opportunities across different business areas ensure few workers leave ASD.
- 12 or 18 month contracts available.
- Fantastic growth opportunities available at any stage of your career.
- Kinexus has been supplying TSPV contractors to ASD since 2004 and have a strong relationship with them. We are one of just 9 suppliers Australia-wide.
- Our experience in managing contractors in defence/national security industries means we understand the requirements from the Commonwealth, insurances and clearances.
- DISP accredited; we can hold clearances and manage renewals.
- Dedicated account manager (me!) who is your dedicated POC and offer continuous contractor care.
- Rate negotiation guidance in line with the SFIA framework.
- Dedicated payroll assistant who facilitates your taxes and super.
- We proactively chase timesheet approvers to ensure you get paid on-time and error free.
- Regular visits to Canberra for coffee, lunches and quarterly drinks events.
- We can facilitate novated car leases, LAFHA or salary sacrifice.
- We'll keep you up to date with the most appropriate, interesting opportunities in your field.
- Community matters. Kinexus supports women in Defence through our female mentoring program and rewards referrers through our Referral Rewards scheme.
- Support for your health and wellness through counselling support (EAP) available for all contractors and their families.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the defence industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help grow careers.
All applications should include your resume as a word document. For more information, visit our website, www.kinexus.com.au or contact Cindace Prasad at 0449 511 324. #LI-CP