ICT Systems Administrator - Microsoft Technologies - RFQ-ASD-154-2023 - SOW 1 - Original
Due to the nature of clients we work with here at Kinexus and the projects these roles will be based on, an Australian Government Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) clearance is essential.
These opportunities do not have the ability to obtain sponsorship for a security clearance (including applicants who currently hold a security clearance seeking to upgrade).
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Provision of ICT System Administration services enabling the delivery of sustainment, deployment and support of minor projects in the Endpoint Services Section of Technology Services Branch.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is the federal agency responsible for foreign signals intelligence, cyber warfare and information security. ASD's purpose is to defend Australia from global threats and help advance our national interests.
Situated in Canberra, ASD employs over 2000 TSPV cleared workers. ASD's workforce is growing rapidly. Areas of growth include PMO, cyber security, systems administration and engineering, software development and network engineering.
A top-security, complex and highly technical environment, ASD plays a vital role in the defence of Australia. Long contracts (12 months+) available.
- Install, configure, secure, sustain and enhance Microsoft technologies enabling delivery of services to ICT platforms utilising Commonwealth approved designs.
- Provide technical direction in the Management and deployment of fixed and mobile workstation fleets at an Enterprise scale.
- Work as part of a team to manage incidents, problems, continuous service improvement and workflows to meet deadlines.
- Contribute technical knowledge and industry best practice to a customer focused, security enabled global ICT platform, with focus on optimising system performance, integrity and security.
- Contribute to the development and support of the Windows Desktop SOE utilising demonstrated skills in system automation, Windows PowerShell, System Centre Orchestrator and Service Management Automation (SMA).
- Develop and support a VMware VDI environment.
- Provide technical advice, engage and liaise with assigned Capability Delivery and Planning resources regarding ICT deliverables.
- Engage and liaise with customers to ensure user requirements are delivered against, and within specified Service Level Agreements.
- Provide technical advice and assistance in the delivery of business intelligence activities for the enterprise using modern DevOps methodologies.
- Transfer technical knowledge through production and update of relevant technical documentation and instructions and mentoring other staff members.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Australian Citizenship and a TSPV security clearance is essential.
Why work for ASD?
- Work on interesting and prestigious projects vital to the ongoing defence of Australia.
- Flexible work environment; work the hours that suit you between 7am and 7pm.
- Low attrition rate: the great variety of projects and opportunities across different business areas ensure few workers leave ASD.
- 12 or 18 month contracts available.
- Fantastic growth opportunities available at any stage of your career.
- Kinexus has been supplying TSPV contractors to ASD since 2004 and have a strong relationship with them. We are one of just 9 suppliers Australia-wide.
- Our experience in managing contractors in defence/national security industries means we understand the requirements from the Commonwealth, insurances and clearances.
- DISP accredited; we can hold clearances and manage renewals.
- Dedicated account manager (me!) who is your dedicated POC and offer continuous contractor care.
- Rate negotiation guidance in line with the SFIA framework.
- Dedicated payroll assistant who facilitates your taxes and super.
- We proactively chase timesheet approvers to ensure you get paid on-time and error free.
- Regular visits to Canberra for coffee, lunches and quarterly drinks events.
- We can facilitate novated car leases, LAFHA or salary sacrifice.
- We'll keep you up to date with the most appropriate, interesting opportunities in your field.
- Community matters. Kinexus supports women in Defence through our female mentoring program and rewards referrers through our Referral Rewards scheme.
- Support for your health and wellness through counselling support (EAP) available for all contractors and their families.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the defence industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help grow careers.
All applications should include your resume as a word document. For more information, visit our website, www.kinexus.com.au or contact Cindace Prasad at 0449 511 324. #LI-CP