To be successful in this role you will be a team member who takes pride in maximising your ILS skill set to support this Australian owned and managed company. You will use your industry expertise to advance the company's positioning in the defence market, growing and developing your ILS experience along the way.
This boutique SME client is based in ACT delivering specialised ILS consulting services throughout the Defence sector. The role requires an NV1 cleared Logistics Support Officer to assist an expert team currently working on a Land project related to Counter IED technology and capabilities.
Your roles responsibilities
· Assist ILS manager to develop support plans, services and contracts to deliver logistics support
· Support the update of ILSP, ILSC, ILSI etc.
· Updating project documents, plans and requirement artefact
· Support to the procurement process
· Undertaking document management procedures and record keeping of key documents to ensure clear audit trails of critical documentation
· Preparing documentation to support executive briefing and program planning
· Miscellaneous MILIS related compliance, transactional, and reporting task such as codification in support of acquisition of proof of concept and engineering test unit activities.
· Draft responses to correspondence, briefs, and reports on logistics management
· Understand and clarify logistics policy and legislation for stakeholders within Defence
· Support systems analysis, businesses & scope development, costing, and contracts & procurement activities.
What we are looking for
· Demonstrated ILS document development skills
· Intermediate understanding of risk and liability
· Exposure to and good understanding of ASDEFCON and CLC process
· Experience with MILIS
· Experience with material safety such as SDS
· Experience working in a support capacity in the Defence sector
· Relevant qualifications and/or similar professional experience in the Defence sector
· Advanced communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage, influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders
· Must have a current NV1 Defence security clearance or higher
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 22 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.