An opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the Information Technology Services (ITS) to provide daily operational/BAU ICT support within a small government agency in a highly versatile, dynamic, and agile environment. The Infrastructure team is the initial point of call for users of ICT services. The Infrastructure Engineer is primarily responsible for the administrative support of ICT services, as well as a range of project work and system development tasks.
The candidate will be required to:
- Support a variety of Windows Servers, SQL Servers, backup tools, support tools and virtual infrastructure;
- Deploy Applications and Operating systems using Microsoft System Center and VMWare vSphere;
- Configure security products such as Windows Defender, Microsoft AppLocker and Windows Defender Application Control;
- Automate Support Tasks using PowerShell, System Center Configuration Manager and other automation tools;
- Provide technical support to resolve incidents and service requests effectively, promptly and courteously;
- Assist with the integration of cloud services into the NBA environment;
- Operate in an environment compliant with the ACSC Information Security Manual;
- Provide support and assist the CIO, the ICT Infrastructure team and Architecture with infrastructure technology decision making.
This role will suit someone who is seeking a challenging position that is exposed to a variety of work systems. The candidate must have excellent technical knowledge, experience, team focus, and ability to adapt to a dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
Estimated start date 27-09-2021
Location of work Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract 12 Month
Security clearance Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
- To be successful in the application the candidate should meet the following key areas and criteria:
- Experience in the support and integration of End User Computing ICT infrastructure, Windows Server infrastructure, and Virtualisation Infrastructure.
- Experience automating systems, tasks and processes to reduce the overall support burden.
- Experience working in an ACSC ISM-compliant environment with a security-first outlook on deploying, configuring and managing systems, with an understanding of the ITIL processes being highly desirable.
- Knowledge and familiarity with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings from cloud and managed service providers.
Proven client service experience in an Engineering or Consulting role with highly effective written and oral communication skills to enable you to communicate with influence to people at all levels.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Alexander Alkhimov on email@example.com quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-AA
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.