Our Client is looking for a Linux or Windows Systems Administrator with a clearance. You will be working on a diverse range of defence projects on behalf of our client. There are a number of spots open which will start of as contracts and progress to long term contract or permanent positions.
Responsibilities for System Administrator
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, security updates; support intranet, LANs, and network segments
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT security manager for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
Qualifications for System Administrator
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent industry experience required
- 3-5 years of network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft, Linux or other network related fields
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Highly experience with Windows Microsoft Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of Patch management (Windows, Linux & VMware) & System hardening.
- Working knowledge of corporate Anti-virus (Symantec Endpoint Protection)
- Networking knowledge (Cisco & Netgear Switches, Cisco ASAs ). CCNA/CCNP certification is desirable
- Event log monitoring tool (Splunk) is highly desirable but not essential
- Applicants must have the Australian Government Negative Vetting-1 clearance (NV-1)or above.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Ignatious Chopamba on 02 9492 7571 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-IC
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.