Opportunity for a Marine Electronic and Systems Engineer with a passion for Defence, innovation and a keen understanding of mission systems used in small boats.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a recognised industry leader named one of the 'World's Best Employers'. They are leading the market by working with clients to solve complex technical challenges with secure, end-to-end information solutions. Our client is committed to training and supporting you in shaping your career wherever you aspire it to go.
This opportunity not only offers a competitive salary but also includes enticing benefits such as an excellent pension, private healthcare, and a share scheme, making you an esteemed member of our client's community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your impact will extend globally as you play a key role in driving the business' success in Australia. There will be an initial immersion in operational systems in the UK, spanning 1-2 months, which will lay the foundation for impactful contributions here in Australia.
In this Technical Customer Facing role, we seek an individual with comprehensive expertise in mission systems in the Defence Naval domain. This will span across to you having a preexisting understanding of critical subsystems, including fuel systems, engine monitoring, ride control, electrical distribution, digital switching, intercom systems, and voice/data radio systems.
As a Marine Electronic and Systems Engineer, your mission is to:
- Lead the intricacies of small boat subsystems in Australia, specifying components, and designing physical network, power, cabling, and mounting arrangements to realise the customer requirements and design integration architecture.
- Collaborate with technical Defence professional to conjure high-performance mission systems.
- Design solutions that meet client and Defence requirements.
- Lead the Marine Technical Consultancy team of system integration.
- Responsible for creating the Bill of Materials for each solution as per the technical designs.
- Provide pre-sales technical advice to prospective Defence clients, including boat builders and end-users.
We are looking for some who doesn't just hold a strong technical engineering background but someone who has strong understanding of the Australian market and Defence industry to build an established footprint in Australia.
Role location can be Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, or Adelaide.
SKILLS & EXPERINECE NEEDED
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance to NV1.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, or related field).
- A good knowledge is required of common marine electronic and electrical standards along with experience of specifying, installing and maintaining equipment in operational craft, and specifying mounting arrangements, cabling requirements environmental protections and other installation considerations.
- Strong Australian Defence industry and small craft market experience.
- Knowledge of marine data standards (CANbus, NMEA2K, IP), IMO navigation requirements, system architectures are crucial.
- Ability to lead and deliver new business in Australia and facility growth opportunities.
- The ability to articulate and clarify user requirements for our experienced software engineers, supported by some knowledge of software development, will be advantageous.
All applications should include your resume as a word document. For more information, visit our website, www.kinexus.com.au or contact Adrian Perini on 02 9492 7526. #LI-AP