We are currently seeking a Mechanical Drafter to join an industry leader working on the design, development and production of cutting-edge Electronic/Mechanical Systems. This role is based in Brisbane and will give you the opportunity to not only utilise your proven drafting experience but provide you with the ability to further enhance your skills.
Under the functional guidance of the Design Engineers, you will prepare complex design drafting packages for state-of-the-art Defence projects. This includes the preparation of original detailed design drawings, specifications and material requirements together with all related documentation and follow up action.
- Perform drafting, technical and administrative functions under the guidance of the relevant Design Leader.
- Plan operations and or processes required to complete allocated design tasks, including estimation of requirements of staffing, material costs and quantities.
- Work under guidance, independently or as a team member.
- Comply with all relevant company Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental policies and framework and work practices with the intent of preventing or minimising accidental exposures to self, colleagues, visitors and/or the environment.
- General supervision over technical and other personnel allocated to assist on assigned tasks.
- Mechanical Drafting Experience
- 2D & 3D modelling experience
- Experience with production drawings
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Drafting Tools (CREO advantageous)
- Drafting working to Defence standards or strict design standards
- Australian Citizenship - ESSENTIAL
Due to the nature of the project's applicants MUST hold Australian Citizenship and be eligible for a security clearance. Applicants are also required to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Kinexus is Australia's Leading supplier of Recruitment Solutions to the Defence and Aerospace Sectors. Working within the Defence environment for over 17 years, we partner with some of the largest Defence projects and organisations in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Tristan Gibbons on 0419 630 422 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.