We work with some of Melbourne's most innovative Defence Industry suppliers who currently have a range of Systems Engineering roles across drone and robotics streams to support the on-going enhancement of lethality, survivability, and improvement of systems for the Men and Women of the ADF and the ever-evolving warfighter!
Those with experience in other industries such as Rail/Transport, Medical, Automotive or Commercial Electronics are encouraged to apply. Must have Australian Citizenship as a minimum.
Permanent full-time positions available.
Individuals with experience across the entire systems engineering life cycle (V&V, Test & Integration, Requirements Management, Design and Review) with a focus on design and development of autonomous robotic platforms will be highly suitable.
** This role is moving forward amidst the current COVID-19s situation. Our forward-thinking clients still need to deliver capability now and in the future, therefore, have modified their hiring, on-boarding and initial working processes to support new people joining their business while keeping current and future employees safe**
- Mechanical design and optimisation of the platform and mechanical sub-systems
- 3D CAD modelling of components and assemblies to be used in the robotic platform
- Preparation of manufacturing drawings including tolerancing and dimensioning to Australian Standards
- Undertake appropriate due diligence, conducting preliminary and critical design reviews for product optimisation
- Development of test plans
- Failure analysis
- Liaise with external suppliers of sub-components and raw materials
- 3 - 5 year's + experience or more as an Engineer or similar
- Engineering Degree in either of the following disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and/ or Mechatronics
- Experience in mechanical systems design for manufacture and assembly
- 3D CAD modelling (SolidWorks preferred)
- Preparing manufacturing drawings to AS 1100
- Experience with FEA tools and simulation
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes e.g., manual and CNC machining, injection moulding, casting, 3D printing, fabrication
- Defence industry experience
- Experience in an R&D role
- Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Interest and breadth of knowledge in other engineering domains (e.g. Robotics, electrical)
Please only apply if you can obtain and maintain a Defence Security Clearance.
If you think you match the above criteria, please apply in Word format only.
Kinexus is Australia's No.1 Leading recruitment solutions company to the Defence Industry of Australia for over 20 years and counting, with a team of ex-military service men and women and recruitment specialists ready to help you start your next exciting career!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Henry Vong on 0466 594 353 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-HV
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.