My client is a well-known Maritime organisation with significant operations within the Australian and international Defence and commercial marine industries. They are seeking to bring on a Mechanical Systems Engineer to work as part of their team based in Sydney.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Mechanical Systems Engineer should ideally be familiar with ship maintenance, (mechanical, structural), marine engineering and the costs associated with undertaking production/ repair activities to enable the role to undertake:
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager for prominent platform support to provide Engineering change management, coordination and reporting.
- Management in accordance with the N4 library and best industry practice.
- Develop technical and ILS requirements, specifications and detailed RFQs for distributions to Suitably Qualified & Experienced SME's and OEMs for the development of design and ILS packages.
- Ensure Configuration Management is maintained and ILS requirements are fully supported, including that of SCPM and all other Military Information and Logistics Systems are updated in collaboration with ILS Analysts.
- Review design proposals, detailed designs, engineering safety assessments and ILS packages for Design Approval.
- Ensure adequate commissioning, Validation and Verification (V&V), test and trails and all task records, OQE, certification and reporting.
Work Experience & Skills
- Degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering practice preferred.
- Current or ability to obtain Australia Security Clearance is a must. Australian Citizenship required.
- Proven experience working in an engineering and maintenance environment, particularly in commercial ship repair, ideally in Defence, construction, oil and gas/resources or a related industry.
- High computer proficiency, especially MS Excel, and MS Office.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent tasks, which have competing priorities.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
As the role will be working within the Australian Defence industry, I am only allowed to consider applications from either current Security clearance holders or Australian citizens (this is a must). The client islooking to interview and hire immediately so please get in touch ASAP.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position.
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.