Micro Focus Content Manager System Admin - RFQ-ASD-09-2024 - SOW 2 - Original
Due to the nature of clients we work with here at Kinexus and the projects these roles will be based on, an Australian Government Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) clearance is essential.
These opportunities do not have the ability to obtain sponsorship for a security clearance (including applicants who currently hold a security clearance seeking to upgrade).
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This role is accountable under general direction to undertake complex administration of Windows Server virtual machines hosting Micro Focus Content Manager and supporting applications.
The team uses Azure DevOps and PowerShell for code management, continuous delivery workflows and work management. The team undertake security, backup and performance tuning tasks to meet Essential Eight minimum maturity level and Information Security Manual requirements.
Role scope may include assisting the team with system administration of other commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) enterprise information and IT-enabling applications. Dedicated resources within the team provide MSSQL support, however practical knowledge and experience with MSSQL for all team members is desirable.
Along with business-as-usual tasking such as investigation and resolution of customer and system issues and day-to-day solution monitoring and administration, additional tasks may include rebuilding, upgrading, patching and configuring systems and design, implementation, maintenance and improvement of automated system management scripts.
The role collaborates with junior to senior technical specialists in a mixed contract/APS team, balancing daily operational support against weekly and multi-month sustainment tasks.
The Digital Workplace Services section enables Intelligence customers to securely create, manage and share corporate information. We implement, secure, support and iterate a portfolio of information management applications covering management of documents, records, knowledge, multimedia, tasks, workflows, ICT equipment, locations and people; and we provide monitoring, data warehousing and analytics for these repositories.
Staff work in a framework of legislation, principles and work practices including management of corporate information in accordance with the Privacy Act and compliance with the Australian Government Information Security Manual.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
Current Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12-month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is the federal agency responsible for foreign signals intelligence, cyber warfare and information security. ASD's purpose is to defend Australia from global threats and help advance our national interests.
Situated in Canberra, ASD employs over 2000 TSPV cleared workers. ASD's workforce is growing rapidly. Areas of growth include PMO, cyber security, systems administration and engineering, software development and network engineering.
A top-security, complex and highly technical environment, ASD plays a vital role in the defence of Australia. Long contracts (12 months+) available.
- Install, configure and sustain applications (monitor, test and apply patches and upgrades for) to ensure system integrity and security, adhere to change management processes in coordinating outages. Diagnose and resolve system and environment problems; implement break-fixes for diverse customers from individual users to system stakeholders, with a focus on creation of self-healing capabilities and automated testing, builds, deployment and provisioning of services for customers.
- Configure, upgrade and extend applications to integrate additional customer requirements and support demand growth, and contributing to continual improvement of team release management.
- Investigate and resolve access control and data security concerns, record investigation steps and outcomes as directed, configure and implement system features and fixes to resolve security issues and maintain good security, escalate to management as necessary.
- Identify operational problems and investigate, analyse and resolve them. Research, advise on and undertake as directed, proactive maintenance addressing capability deficiencies or ongoing system performance issues under changing environmental factors. Collaborate with technical staff supporting related services in other teams to resolve issues with services or where service operation affects other services. Provide system status updates to stakeholders by email, updates to tasking systems and in person.
- Write and maintain operational and security documentation including System Security Plans, test/installation guides, change approval requests with change process plans and corporate knowledge summaries such as system diagrams and support procedures.
- Document daily work (steps taken, reasons and outcomes) to ensure transition of knowledge to the Commonwealth and to enable repeatability of procedures and compliance with relevant standards, including Commonwealth record keeping responsibilities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Essential - Experience building and improving automated deployment and support processes through the use of scripting, CI/CD and orchestration tools
- Essential - Windows server administration experience in a virtualisation environment
- Essential - Experience in back-end administration, configuration and support of Micro Focus Content Manager (TRIM)
- Desirable - Practical knowledge and experience of SQL and database concepts in a Microsoft environment
- Australian Citizenship and a TSPV security clearance is essential.
Why work for ASD?
- Work on interesting and prestigious projects vital to the ongoing defence of Australia.
- Flexible work environment; work the hours that suit you between 7am and 7pm.
- Low attrition rate: the great variety of projects and opportunities across different business areas ensure few workers leave ASD.
- 12 or 18 month contracts available.
- Fantastic growth opportunities available at any stage of your career.
- Kinexus has been supplying TSPV contractors to ASD since 2004 and have a strong relationship with them. We are one of just 9 suppliers Australia-wide.
- Our experience in managing contractors in defence/national security industries means we understand the requirements from the Commonwealth, insurances and clearances.
- DISP accredited; we can hold clearances and manage renewals.
- Dedicated account manager (me!) who is your dedicated POC and offer continuous contractor care.
- Rate negotiation guidance in line with the SFIA framework.
- Dedicated payroll assistant who facilitates your taxes and super.
- We proactively chase timesheet approvers to ensure you get paid on-time and error free.
- Regular visits to Canberra for coffee, lunches and quarterly drinks events.
- We can facilitate novated car leases, LAFHA or salary sacrifice.
- We'll keep you up to date with the most appropriate, interesting opportunities in your field.
- Community matters. Kinexus supports women in Defence through our female mentoring program and rewards referrers through our Referral Rewards scheme.
- Support for your health and wellness through counselling support (EAP) available for all contractors and their families.
Kinexus is the leading recruitment partner to the defence industry in Australia. We support our community in making intelligent connections and create opportunities to help grow careers.
All applications should include your resume as a word document. For more information, visit our website, www.kinexus.com.au or contact Cindace Prasad at 0449 511 324. #LI-CP