Permanent Position - ACT
Our client is a well known engineering company specialising in naval architecture and marine engineering. With a well established international presence and an increasing portfolio of Australian clients, our client is now looking to bring in an experienced Naval Architect to join their team in the ACT.
- Formulate safety regulations and damage control rules and approve and certify ship designs to meet statutory and non-statutory requirements.
- Undertake engineering analysis of activities including design, installation, calculation, life-cycle costing, test & trial activities and equipment selection.
- Defence naval experience is a must, particularly on large complex naval assets. Experience working with the RN, USN, RCN and the RNZN would be highly regarded.
- Experience in shipbuilding, marine production and/or project management will be highly regarded.
- Contribute to management of the proposal process, including costings, as part of the team.
- Perform technical and complex tasks such as administration of construction and professional services contracts.
- Provide technical presentations to stakeholders and staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to lead the design and development of engineering changes, feasibility studies and technical investigations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant standards and regulations and their impact on design.
- Apply naval architect competence based on relevant experience and knowledge to the delivery of engineering support services.
- Design change planning and implementation.
The successful candidate must have:
- A recognised degree in Naval Architecture
- 10 years minimum relevant experience in the maritime field
- Minimum NV1 clearance level
- Australian Citizen
- Be based in ACT or willing to relocate
If you are interested in this position please contact Richard at Kinexus on 0294927538 for a confidential chat or alternatively please apply online and I will be in touch.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Richard Mauree on 02 9492 7538 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-RM
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.