We have an exciting position for an experienced Naval Architect to join our client here in Sydney. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a successful team focused on the upgrade, maintenance, and overall performance of Naval assets. As the Naval Architect, you will be responsible for providing engineering support covering issue investigation and problem resolution, design change planning and implementation, installation, commissioning and operations, as well as coordination of ongoing maintenance and repairs to assigned shipboard naval architect systems.
This role is open to both full time professional and those seeking contract opportunities.
- Key point in providing experience and broad technical knowledge of general design concerning weight estimates, topside integration, stability assessments, interpret technical drawings.
- Conduct risk analysis of Naval ships, using set regulations to assess integrity.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in the development of ship's general design area documentation.
- Undertake and offer advice during Design Review meetings.
- Assist with the development of Technical Instruction documents & engineering changes including quality & safety requirements
- Provide support to production related activities covering safety and technical requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering ( Naval Architecture, or Mechanical Engineering )
- Experience working in a Defence environment.
- Australian Citizenship holding or eligible for an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) Defence Security Clearance
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below and attach your resume as a word document. Alternatively, please contact Olimpia Newlove on 02 9492 7509 quoting the Job Title for this position. #LI-ON
Visit www.kinexus.com.au to view more jobs.